Thursday 13 November 2008

Vegas girls come to play


My mom and sis have finally arrived L-town! This is my mom's first time in Europe (even though I don't really consider London traditionally European) and Alyssa's second. I think she'll enjoy it this time around more since she's spending her big 2-0 on the 24th. We're thinking Paris!

My sister's first request was lunch at Pret no less. I then wanted to see the look on my mom's face upon exiting Westminster station where the glorious Big Ben, Parliament, and Westminster Abbey reside. My mom, a very cautious person, seems up for anything these days, one of which includes the London Eye. This is major coming from someone who squirms in an elevator. Should be a fun two weeks.

We ended a long walk through Trafalgar Square up to Piccadilly Circus, where my sister has her name written all over it.

Finally we went to our local major Sainsburys and coming from two American girls who are used to large supermarkets, it was nice to see them have an easy time finding what they were looking for. I often complain because I'm the latter, then again I want a big slab of swordfish for $5, not a diet deprived white fish for $11. I think I'm just missing cheaper, larger portions of anything from home but at least now I have a year's supply of pretzels thanks to my mom.

Speaking of my mom, she has been such a sport considering she had reconstructive surgery on both feet less than a year ago and rarely has elevator options here, except of course -and luckily- at Westminster which is on the Jubilee line ;) ...And as mentioned in my previous blog, you know what I think about London, the diabled, injured, sick and the like.

Having two enthusiastic tourists will be a breath of fresh air. The only thing commented, which will never be surpassed from either locals or tourists - the weather!!!!!!

1 comment: