Saturday 15 November 2008

Customer service sucks in Britain

It's as simple as that. I wasn't going to blog about this as I feel it's turning into a rant fest when my experiences here aren't all that bad. However, I woke up this morning to no hot water and this is not the first time it's happened. The fact that nothing works in Britain is a whole other story so I will save that for another time. It did set the mood for the day and reminded me I should just complain about what happened yesterday, what I attempted to ignore.

Yesterday my sister and mom joined my gym as guests. To keep the long story short, after much difficulty getting some customer service but after finally getting it sorted and paying £56 each (!!) for a mere 12 days, the front desk woman asked my sister if she could call me and just have me show her around. Now, for £56 I think they should show their asses around. Pardon my French, but that is just rediculous. That is not even half the story or battle, but it put the cherry on top.

You get what you pay for back home. Things work and if they don't you can get them fixed for a consistent amount of time. Here nothing works, nothing gets done, and nobody wants to work. How has this economy gotten to such a successful state? So frustrating!

1 comment: