Thursday 16 April 2009

Things That Don't Work

Yesterday Jeppe joked that it would have been a great idea if we started a blog when we first moved here on things that don't work in London. Everyday we would update it with things erratic in the city, whether people, places or things and perhaps, we thought, this would justify all the rantings to date and better explain to people who ask us what we mean when we complain about things not working.

So, I thought, what inspiration to start doing this on my blog adjacent to my other great observations. :)

Wednesday, 15 April: Bus 74 broke down while I was on it. Circle line was down. Most Londoners know that disrupted public transport is daily routine in the city, but still, most logical ways for me to get home were not working. Despite the jet lag, I decided to walk home.

My test result from the doc's office should have been ready by now, as the test was conducted about a month ago. Conclusion? There's a backlog...won't be ready for 4-6 more weeks.

Why are the party foods placed in between ice and frozen desserts at Sainsburys? You'd see the absurdity of this if you saw - food placements don't make sense there. We can never find anything.

Thursday, 16 April: Website and phone number of Acton Angling does not work (we are trying to find a particular carp fishing rod for Jeppe's dad).

Talking Book Store's website, a company based in Putney, is working but the Advanced Search option doesn't. So we can buy a book but we have to search through the numerous pages. Doesn't exactly work for me seeing as I know exactly what I want.

Going to Denmark this weekend, so London gets off for the next few days...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Christina, I love the idea of blogging about things that don't work - looking forward to reading more. If you like you can add that someone you know in London told you that their brain wasn't working today (i.e. me, sleep-deprived from kids waking me up at 6am every day).

    Ralph x

    ReplyDelete